Why to study
Education and Society involves critical inquiry into the social, political, cultural, and economic policies, theories and practices of education in New Zealand society. Its origins are in humanities and social science disciplines such as History, Philosophy, and Sociology, and it has close affinities with contemporary interdisciplinary fields exploring social policy, culture, gender, and work. Education and Society at University of Waikato raises questions about the role of education in addressing issues of social justice, power and inequality.
The Master of Arts involves advanced study in an Arts subject and is intended for those who want to deepen their knowledge of that subject. The degree also includes a substantial component of independent research. The Master of Arts may be taken within the Faculty of M?ori and Indigenous Studies, School of Arts or the School of Social Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues in Adult and Tertiary Education
- Education Policy and Society
- Curriculum Policy and Possibilities
- Culturally Responsive Methodologies incorporating kaupapa Māori and Critical Theories
- Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
120 - 180
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 31 other Masters in Teaching in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application, if applicable
- Evidence of any previous tertiary study
- Proof that you meet the academic entry requirements (Completed International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with a minimum of 24 points)
- A recognised bachelors degree with a B/B+ average, and a B/B+ average in a relevant subject if required. Some faculties/schools require an honours degree (to demonstrate research capacity). Where the above requirements are not met, further study in a lower level programme may be required first.
International22814 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22814 USD per year during 12 months.
National5560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5560 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: $7,705-$8,505 per year
- International: $31,615-$35,980 (120 pts) or $47,425-$53,970 (180 pts)
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.