Church music internships are a key component of the Organ program of Cleveland Institute of Music — they provide stipends, partial scholarship support and real-world experience. Each year, you’ll participate in master classes by organists of international standing.
You’ll practice and perform on a variety of instruments, including the recently renovated three-manual mechanical-action Holtkamp in CIM's Kulas Hall, practice organs by Ruggles and Holtkamp, and outstanding instruments in a number of other area churches.
The program is designed to develop advanced competencies and musicianship for the qualified student including advanced and refined technique, enhanced musical knowledge and skills, and increased ability to communicate artistically so as to demonstrate professional capability in the chosen area of concentration. Through their studies, students gain increased knowledge and skills in one of more fields of music outside the major such as music theory, history, musicology or performance practice. Students also gain increased knowledge of repertory and historical performance practice.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 665 other Masters in Music History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online
- A $110 nonrefundable application fee is submitted online with the application
- Prescreen video
- All applicants must upload a performance resume within the application
- Current college or university
- Any previously attended college or university
- The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is not required
- Two letters of recommendation
- Applicants auditioning for the bachelor of music will take an online theory examination
- Live Audition
- Applicants from countries where English is not an official language must submit TOEFL or IELTS English language scores
International40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40000 USD per year during 24 months.
National40000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40000 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cleveland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.