This Cognitive Science programme from the University of Neuchâtel consists of modules in ethology, evolutionary biology, philosophy of mind, linguistics, cognitive and developmental psychology.
Specific areas of study are belief acquisition and social representation in human development, verbal and nonverbal communication, discourse used to understand and manage the mind, the dissemination of ideas and rumors, the construction of social interactions, the mechanisms that underlie cooperative behavior, and communication and cognition of nonhuman primates and animals in general.
- Research in the private sector
- Research in public institutions
- Academia as doctoral students in research groups of international repute
- Philosophy of Mind
- Evolutionary Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Even though the deadline of April 30 has already passed, it is still possible to deposit a request for late admission until August 15
DisciplinesPsychology Philosophy & Ethics Linguistics View 14 other Masters in Linguistics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The prerequisite for access to a Master program is a successfully completed Bachelor program in a related subject.
- A Bachelor degree obtained in a non-related subject and/or in a foreign country gives its holder access to Master programs under certain conditions. Further requirements may be asked (e.g. 30 or 60 additional ECTS before the Master program, additional studies during the Master program).
- For admission to specialized Master programs, the University sets additional requirements, equally applicable to all candidates.
International764 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 764 EUR per year during 24 months.
National498 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 498 EUR per year during 24 months.
The tuition fee for national students is 515 CHF per semester and for international (non-residents) is 790 CHF per semester.
Living costs for Neuchâtel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.