Students of the Islamic Chaplaincy program of Claremont School of Theology take courses in theological studies, interfaith and cultural competencies, spiritual formation, and chaplaincy/spiritual care. Clinical Pastoral Education is not required, but is encouraged and can receive 3-6 units of concurrent course credit. This track can be completed in a hybrid intensive or on-campus format. A vocational praxis capstone course may be completed in lieu of a thesis/summative exercise.
- Islamic Ethics
- The Qur’an: Composition, Collection and Teachings
- Islamic Theology and Philosophy
- Islamic Law and Legal Theory
- Intermediate Arabic
- Interreligious Dialogue and Leadership
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Completing your application early maximizes your admission and financial aid opportunities.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies View 41 other Masters in Islamic Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Application Fee ($50)
- Personal Statement (Approximately 1000 words)
- Your personal statement should address: your reasons for a pursuit of graduate theological study, your desire to study at Claremont School of Theology, your intended use of the degree in meeting future goals
- Official sealed transcripts from all institutions attended after high school
- Letters of Recommendation – 3 total
- English Proficiency Documentation - required for all applicants for whom English is a second language. Either official TOEFL or official IELTS scores will be accepted.
International26520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 36 months.
National26520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1105 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Claremont
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.