The Micro and Nanotechnologies program from Ilmenau University of Technology is directed to students with a bachelor degree or to those who want to change over from a diploma program (needs to be individually checked) from the following courses: Physics, Technical Physics, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Chemistry/Materials Sciences and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Mechatronics.
- Microsystems Technology and Nanotechnology
- Sensor Technology
- Measurement Technology
- Industrial Electronics
- Power Engineering
- Information Electronics
- Medical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Semiconductor Devices
- Materials of Micro- and Nanotechnologies
- Project with seminar
- Master thesis with colloquium
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Biochemistry Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 57 other Masters in Biochemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ilmenau University of Technology and/or in Germany, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- University entrance certificate (secondary level 2 certificate, Abitur, Matura (Higher) Secondary School Certificate...)
- Listing of all academic achievements at other universities to date
- Bachelor certificate
- Certificate of German language skills (at least B2)
- if you would like to study a Master's degree in English with us: TOEFL or IELTS test result
International262 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 131 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA262 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 131 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studying is basically free of charge. However, the semester fee of €131.74 (plus a one-time fee of €15 for the student ID card upon enrollment) must be paid.
Living costs for Ilmenau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.