Communications and Signal Processing at Ilmenau University of Technology brings the students up to date with the hot topics in this area and provides the opportunity to get a deep insight into specific topics depending on the students' interest, e.g., by students projects.
This program is designed for international Engineering graduates (BSc or equivalent) who would like to get an in-depth understanding of communication systems on all layers and their associated signal processing algorithms, starting from the physical layer, including antenna and microwave engineering up to the application layers, including communication networks and multimedia systems.
- Research and development for modern communication systems
- Planning of mobile communication networks
- Improving performance of communication systems
- Development and verification of algorithms
- Verification of theoretic results via measurements
- System design including antennas, radio frequency electronics, decoding algorithms and applications
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- Information Theory and Coding
- Microwave Engineering
- Communication Networks
- Communications Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Corporate Communication Digital Communication View 3 other Masters in Corporate Communication in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University entrance certificate (secondary level 2 certificate, Abitur, Matura (Higher) Secondary School Certificate...)
- Listing of all academic achievements at other universities to date
- Bachelor certificate
- Certificate of German language skills (at least B2)
- if you would like to study a Master's degree in English with us: TOEFL or IELTS test result
International262 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 131 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA262 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 131 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studying is basically free of charge. However, the semester fee of €131.74 (plus a one-time fee of €15 for the student ID card upon enrollment) must be paid.
Living costs for Ilmenau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.