The curriculum of the New Media program at The Chinese University of Hong Kong gives students an overview of new media from an entrepreneurial management perspective with emphasis on the business and management aspects of the technology as well as the conception, design and development of multimedia applications and content.
- to provide graduates with a broad understanding in communication theories and the application of such knowledge to the design and development of new media contents;
- to provide graduates with a good understanding of the social, economic, cultural, legal, and other implications of new media;
- to prepare graduates to conduct content and audience research and apply this knowledge in designing strategic information campaigns using new media and giving out goal-directed recommendations;
- to provide graduates with a technical know-how through hands-on training in multimedia design and development, and
- to enable graduates to apply creative multimedia applications to solve business problems in training, sales presentations, and to communicate with employees and customers.
- Applied Communication Research
- New Communication Technologies: Trends and Impacts
- New Media Content Development
- New Media Ecology
- Topical Studies in Communication
- Globalization and Communication
- Media Management
- Media Ethics and Law
- Online and Mobile Journalism
- New Media and Society
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Digital Communication View 5 other Masters in Journalism in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All applicants MUST fulfill the admission requirement of the University's Graduate School AND
- possess a pass grade in English in one of the following examinations:
- HK Advanced Level Examination (AS Level)
- HK Higher Level Examination
- CUHK Matriculation Examination
- Applicants are required to submit a statement of purpose in English articulating the relevance of their study plans to their career objectives and professional interests.
- In addition, they have to produce undergraduate transcripts as well as two recommendation letters in which one of them must be from academic sources.
- Past academic performance, work experience, references, motivation and language ability will be considered.
International21649 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21649 USD per year during 12 months.
National21649 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21649 USD per year during 12 months.
- Full-time: 165,000 HKD per year
- Part-time: 63,000 HKD per year
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.