Students who complete the Arts program will be able to:
- Demonstrate focused knowledge in the field of study represented by a chosen concentration,
- Demonstrate general knowledge of several different approaches to theological and religious studies,
- Engage in respectful dialogue with practitioners of another religious tradition,
- Produce research projects, each with a clearly formulated thesis statement that is supported by appropriate evidence from primary and secondary sources communicated in an effective scholarly presentation.
The M.A. program is offered by the Church Divinity School of the Pacific in cooperation with member schools including CDSP. Students may choose their fields of study from among more than thirty concentrations. Each MA student affiliates with a GTU member school or academic center during their program.
Students may affiliate with CDSP in the following areas of concentration: Hebrew Bible/ Old Testament, Comparative Religion, History of Christianity, New Religious Movements, Sociology of Religion, Christian Theology, Comparative Theology, Ethics, Liturgical Studies, Missiology, Practical Theology, Religious Education, or Biblical Languages.
- Research Methods
- Interreligious Studies
- Sacred Texts & Their Interpretation
- Historical & Cultural Studies of Religion
- Theology & Ethics
- Religion & Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiberal Arts View 813 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
International30400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
National30400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.