About the program
The Theological Studies deepens students’ capacity for lay vocations in the church and the world, including chaplaincy, but is not intended to prepare students for ordination. The degree is also open to students who are already ordained, particularly international students, who want to further their theological education.
Like Church Divinity School of the Pacific M.Div. degree, the M.T.S. curriculum centers on mission, discipleship and evangelism. Spiritual formation and worship are integral to the program, and students are required to participate in a spiritual formation group for M.T.S. students and participate in worship either at CDSP or, for online students, in a home congregation.
Through study, worship, prayer, and service, students in the MTS program are formed as Christian disciples who participate in God’s mission and proclaim the Gospel in a context of religious and cultural pluralism.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 607 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Three reference letters
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- On-campus interview with a faculty member & Dean of Students (Skype interview for low-res & online students, Dean of Students interview optional)
- Submit a FAFSA indicating CDSP as their school of choice (optional). Find out more about applying for financial aid.
- Submit a CDSP institutional financial aid application (optional). Find out more about applying for financial aid.
- Submit an on-campus housing application (optional)
International16800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.