This unique English-language Business and Politics in Modern Asia programme at National Research University - Higher School of Economics (HSE) in Russia for students majored in "Asian and African Studies" provides comprehensive, truly interdisciplinary approach to business and politics in modern Asia. It concentrates both on the general Asian processes as well as at the development of particular countries, primarily China, Japan, Korea, and the region of South and Southeast Asia.
The programme focuses mainly on the issues in business and political processes in Asia, including business and entrepreneurship, political and financial elites of the region, national-specific issues and intercultural communication between Europe, Russia and Asia.
The programme combines two main approaches: academic and applied. On the one hand, the programme covers the fundamentals of political, economic, social and national-specific processes in Asia. On the other hand, the programme develops practical skills for cooperation with Asian countries, both at the level of political and business consulting, as well as at the level of everyday business.
Objectives of the programme:
As a result of the programme, students should:
- understand the basics of the methodology for analyzing, evaluating and forecasting political processes, economic and national-specific risks in modern Asia;
- learn to communicate with the political and financial elites of Asia;
- study the basics of Asian business, entrepreneurship, management, investments, trade, economic and political cooperation;
- understand the strategy of promoting their interests in Asian markets, bringing foreign projects to Asia, and establishing multilateral Euro-Asian cooperation in politics and business connections;
- learn to protect their interests when working in Asian markets, including intellectual property rights, patents, trademarks and technological secrets;
- develop skills on building relationships between Asian, Russian and European partners, to understand the negotiation process, due diligences and compliance;
- understand the impact of historical past, national ideas and international relations on the modern development of Asia;
The rapid development of Asian economies and East-West political and economic cooperation will continue to provide many careers in:
- Political and business analytics and expertise in think tanks;
- Consulting: political and economic consulting and crisis-management;
- In government agencies departments and private companies developing business relations with Asian countries;
- In SME, private entrepreneurship and networking in the crossroad of EU, Asia and Russia countries;
- In public service and in media industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Key Problems in Asian Studies Research
- Methodology of Contemporary Asian Studies
- Research Seminar "Cross-Cultural Communication in Asia"
- National Identity, Social and Political Development in Asia
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Business Political Science View 13 other Masters in Political Science in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Scan of the main passport pages (with photo and name etc.).
- Scan of the diplomas and academic transcripts (if you have not yet received your Bachelor’s diploma, please include an official copy of your most recent academic transcript).
- Letter of motivation (describing your reasons for applying in the context of your long-term career goals and background, 500 words).
- Resume/CV (including information about your education, professional, and research experience, as well as language proficiency and other skills.
- At least one recommendation letter.
- Exam results confirming language proficiency (optional).
- Full texts or annotations of the applicants' research projects (optional).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1805 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1805 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
160 000 – 320 000 RUB/year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.