The following three years are done simultaneously at both institutions with combined field education and clinical pastoral education components. The combined Divinity and Social Work program of Chicago Theological Seminary is ideal if you aspire to work at the intersection of ministry and social work, and require credentials in both areas. Application to each program is made separately to the respective institution.
At the conclusion of the CTS MDiv program, a student will be able:
- to engage in critical thinking based in mastery of foundational theological disciplines and methods of interpretation while demonstrating an ability to apply such knowledge critically to new challenges in ways that foster the increase of justice and mercy.
- to make compassionate connection with others, especially those who inhabit different cultural contexts and those who are suffering in a world stratified by social and economic class.
- to embody ethical-spiritual integrity in self while promoting it in others, as one develops an authentic embodiment of faith in life through spiritual practices, liturgies, beliefs and wisdom.
- to undertake concrete strategic action that is spiritually grounded and value-rich to promote the increase of justice and mercy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- CTS offers a wide variety of courses designed to challenge, intrigue and form the next generation of religious leaders. Rigorously explore subjects such as biblical studies, interreligious engagement or race and gender issues. In addition to the courses offered by CTS, as a member of the Association of Chicago Theological Schools (ACTS), you have the opportunity to cross-register with eleven other member institutions in and around Chicago.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Religious Studies & Theology View 87 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- MDiv/Master of Social Work dual degrees is offered completely online in collaboration with CTS and Aurora University.
- This dual degree program allows a student to complete the requirements of the Master of Divinity and Master of Social Work degrees simultaneously in four years. This combined program is ideal for students who aspire to work at the intersection of ministry and social work, and require credentials in both areas. Students begin their first year at CTS developing leadership skills and a strong theological foundation. The following three years are done simultaneously at both institutions with combined field education and clinical pastoral education components. Application to each program is made separately to the respective institution.
International20817 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20817 USD per year during 48 months.
National20817 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20817 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.