Climate change and climate variability pose risks and opportunities for nearly all human activities and sectors of the economy. There is a great and growing need across businesses, government agencies, media, non-governmental organizations and educational institutions.
Our The Master of Science in Climate Change and Society at North Carolina State University support students in building a foundation in climate science and the applications on which they can build successful careers in the public, private, or non-profit sectors.
Our graduates can succeed as:
- International development team leaders, grant writers and project managers
- Land use and urban planning specialists
- Food security specialists
- Water resource managers
- Public administrators
- Civil engineers
- Energy solutions experts
- Outreach managers
- Entrepreneurs who have identified new opportunities associated with climate change
- Professionals attempting to mainstream climate adaptation into their organization’s processes
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Climate Change Science
- Statistical Methods for Researchers
- Fundamentals of Geospatial Information Science and Technology
- Global Environmental Policy
- Climate Change Communication
- Climate Risk Analysis for Adaptation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences Urban Planning View 71 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose (1500 word maximum)
- Transcripts from all prior institutions
- Three letters of recommendation
International30906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30906 USD per year during 12 months.
National30906 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30906 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Raleigh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.