At Water Management and Environmental Engineering from University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna the aim of the curriculum is the education and training of engineering experts with excellent skills in technical planning and a solid understanding of environmental processes with consideration of the interaction between water, soil and atmosphere. The gained knowledge will enable the graduates to develop and enhance the social and environmental well-being of human society by means of sound and sustainable technologies in the water sector.
The possibilities for employment are manifold in the fields of
- private enterprises like planning bureaus, civil engineers and consultancies,
- in public services like research institutions and water management boards,
- in public administration like environmental ministries and local governments,
- in non governmental organizations (NGO) and development cooperations and
- in international environmental agencies e.g. EU.
- UE Planning and design in water supply and wastewater treatment
- Sanitary engineering
- Modelling in sanitary engineering
- Industrial water management
- Water resources management in developing cooperation
- Biology, chemistry and microbiology for civil engineering
- Rural water management
- Soil conservation and soil protection
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- EU/EEA students or memb of the Personengruppenverordnung can enroll within the normal and extended period.
- Extended enrollment period for winter - 1.10 - 30.11
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application form
- Evidence of previous studies (bachelor degree, diploma)
- Transcript stating subjects, marks, ECTS and contens of teaching
- Fulfillment of the special University entrance qualification
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English (for English-language Master programmes)
- Evidence of adequate proficiency in German A2 or C1
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.