Medical Sciences programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong aim to educate researchers to embark on careers that would allow them to become world leaders in their fields, working as university professors, principal investigators in research institutes, senior managers in enterprises, or experts in other professions related to the pursuit and application of knowledge.The University expects master's degree graduates of research programmes to have acquired advanced knowledge in major areas of an academic discipline while maintaining a broad understanding of other related fields. Master's degree graduates should have gained enough background knowledge to enable them to perform research with minimal supervision.
In particular, they should have the ability to formulate individual research tasks and to develop solution methodologies under minimal supervision.
Students at Medical Sciences programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- be capable of producing original, innovative research output, some of which may lead to publication in well-respected scholastic venues.
- gain proficiency in techniques of knowledge dissemination through presentation and writing.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Topics in Medicine and Therapeutics include cardiology,
- clinical immunology,
- diabetes and metabolism,
- gastroenterology and hepatology, geriatrics,
- infectious disease,
- molecular and pharmacogenetic epidemiology,
- neurology, nephrology
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 27 other Masters in Public Health in Hong Kong (SAR)
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submit Online Application
- China Identity Copy (both sides) OR Passport Copy (as given in the Application Form)
- Official Academic Transcripts with the grading scheme of academic / professional qualification (issued and sealed by the University)
- Copy of Degree Certificate and Graduation Certificate
- Original English Test Result Report (TOEFL - Internet-based: 79, IELTS - Band 6.5 and GMAT-verbal-Band 21)
- A bank draft of HK$300 for application fee.
International5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 24 months.
National5363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5363 USD per year during 24 months.
- $42,100.00 full time students
- $56,280.00 part time students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.