Learning outcomesGraduates of the Speech-Language Pathology course at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will have attained the following learning outcomes:
- Acquired knowledge of normal and pathological processes of communication
- Be familiar with the core concepts in paediatric and adult communication disorders and possess the clinical skills to diagnose, intervene, and manage the disorders
- Acquired knowledge and clinical skills in managing patients with swallowing disorders
- Ability to employ analyses of language structures at different linguistic levels to devise clinical practices such as speech and language diagnosis and therapy
- Ability to apply, evaluate and design assistive technologies for speech and language disorders
- Acoustic Analysis of Voice and Speech
- Fluency Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Clinical Management, Professional Development and Ethics
- Neurosciences, Acquired Neurogenic Communication Disorders and Motor Speech Disorders
- Research methodology and Evidence Based Appraisal for Speech Language Pathology
- Test Development & Assessment Approaches
- Assistive Technologies for Communication Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Linguistics View 19 other Masters in Linguistics in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants shall have:
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in any disciplines, normally with an honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a Bachelor’s degree in any disciplines, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
Those who expect to obtain a Bachelor's degree in the current academic year may also apply for admission.
Applicants are expected to be proficient in Chinese (Cantonese or Putonghua) for communication purposes.
International108246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54123 USD per semester during 24 months.
National108246 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54123 USD per semester during 24 months.
- HK$ 420,000
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.