Speech-Language Pathology course at The Chinese University of Hong Kong helps students acquire knowledge of normal and pathological processes of communication and be familiar with the core concepts in paediatric and adult communication disorders and possess the clinical skills to diagnose, intervene, and manage the disorders.
Students at Speech-Language Pathology course at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will have attained the following learning outcomes:
- Acquired knowledge and clinical skills in managing patients with swallowing disorders
- Ability to employ analyses of language structures at different linguistic levels to devise clinical practices such as speech and language diagnosis and therapy
- Ability to apply, evaluate and design assistive technologies for speech and language disorders
- Acoustic Analysis of Voice and Speech
- Fluency Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Clinical Management, Professional Development and Ethics
- Neurosciences, Acquired Neurogenic Communication Disorders and Motor Speech Disorders
- Research methodology and Evidence Based Appraisal for Speech Language Pathology
- Test Development & Assessment Approaches
- Assistive Technologies for Communication Disorders
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until all places have been filled. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Health Sciences Speech Pathology
- graduated from a recognized university and obtained a bachelor's degree, normally with honours not lower than Second Class; or
- graduated from an honours programme of a recognized university with a bachelor's degree, normally achieving an average grade of not lower than "B"; or
- completed a course of study in a tertiary educational institution and obtained professional or similar qualifications equivalent to an honours degree.
- English Proficiency
International28662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57325 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National28662 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57325 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
HK$ 450,000 (in 4 installments, thus HK$ 112,500 per term (Subject to University’s Approval)
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.