This course based on the curriculum of Health Education England, NHS England and Genomics England LTD, will equip you with; knowledge and skills to understand and interpret genomic data, an understanding of genetic and genomic techniques in a clinical setting, bioinformatic approaches required for analysis of genomic data, and advanced knowledge and skills to improve service delivery to patients.
On this programme you will be introduced to the fundamentals of human genetics and genomics along with techniques required for DNA and RNA sequencing to study genomic variation observed in the clinical setting. Everything you learn will enhance your employability skills, whether you already work in the NHS, or you are a student who wants a career in the clinical setting.
This Genomic Medicine programme from Swansea University has been designed the course to provide you with an increased knowledge and understanding of Genomic Medicine, and the skills and knowledge you need to apply your learning to professional practice.
As such, this Master’s degree will give you the in-depth knowledge of the field to potentially enhance your prospects for career progression.
- Omics Techniques and their Application to Genomic Medicine
- Ethical, Legal and Societal Issues (ELSI) in Applied Genomics
- Cancer Genomics
- Application of Genomics in Infectious Disease
- Genomics of Common and Rare Inherited Disease
- Dissertation Project
- Pharmacogenomics & Stratified Healthcare
- Bioinformatics for Genome Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Genetics View 277 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- Applicants should hold a 2:1 in a relevant subject such as biochemistry, genetics, pharmacology, pharmacy, medical biosciences or nursing*
- Applications from candidates who can demonstrate sufficient relevant work experience may also be considered on an individual basis, for example:
- a relevant professional qualification at a suitable level
- several years' relevant post-qualifying professional experience, at least some of which must be at a responsible level
- completion of at least three years of an undergraduate medical degree
International20600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per year during 12 months.
MSc 2 Year Part Time
- UK - £5,100
- International - £10,300
- UK - £ 6,800
- International - £13,750
Living costs for Swansea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.