The English and Film Studies graduate program at the University of Alberta has excellent internal funding packages and a very high success rate for external funding. We are often able to offer incoming students a funding package approaching, and occasionally, exceeding $30,000 for PhD and $20,000 for MA students annually. We have very high success rates for SSHRC and other major scholarships: currently about half of our PhD students hold a major external award, including a Trudeau scholarship and two Vanier scholarships.
We support student travel for research and conferences, and we have innovative program structures that allow students to pursue exciting and original research. We have an active and very supportive Graduate Students of English Collective, and a department culture that values graduate student participation.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Revisions of the Past
- Indigenous womenS/LGBQT Strategies
- of Disengagement from the English
- Anne Carson's Strange Hybrids
- Victorian Science Fictionality: The
- Hollow-Earth Novum in England &
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Language Studies Liberal Arts View 51 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Canada
- Applicants are normally required to have completed a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, from an academic institution recognized by the University of Alberta.
- An admission grade point average of 3 on most 4-point grading systems or B on most letter grading systems, based on your most recent two years of full time study (or equivalent) is required.
International8874 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8874 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4486 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4486 CAD per year during 24 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.