- Students completing the Master’s Degree in Family Life Education at The University of New Mexico will be eligible to apply for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) certificate from the National Council on Family Relations.
- The program offers flexibility in developing programs of study that meet students’ interests. Acceptance into the program is based on ratings of several factors including scholarship, academic background (especially in the social/behavioral sciences), work experience, letters of recommendation, a personal statement and multicultural experience. Students from academic backgrounds other than family and child studies are strongly encouraged to apply. The Master’s degree in Family and Child Studies consists of 33 semester hours.
Mission of the Family & Child Studies Program
Our mission is to foster an interdisciplinary scholarly environment that enables early childhood professionals, family service providers, and researchers in the field of family and child study to
- Cultivate and disseminate systematic information and grounded knowledge about the diverse nature of families in contemporary societies
- Understand and critically respond to the dynamic complexities of human development across the lifespan
- Foster leadership in addressing the multiple facets of early childhood development
- Family Life Education
- Human Development and Family Relations
- Early Childhood Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Pedagogy Childhood Studies View 238 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
- UNM’s Online Graduate Application
- The $50 non-refundable Application Fee; International applicants pay $75 fee
- Official Transcripts
- Please complete the FCS MA PROGRAM Application form and upload it to the Special Requirements section of your online application.
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Relevant Coursework
International27846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27846 USD per year during 12 months.
National27846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27846 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8757 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8757 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.