The Urban Studies and Planning - Architecture programme from Aalto University balances theory and history with training in key methods and skills, as well as experiential learning. You'll gain a broad knowledge of the problems and issues affecting cities, and how to address them in collaborative and concrete working groups.
The programme prepares you to be a professional in a field that is meaningful, growing and in demand. You will acquire the knowledge, skills and experience needed to fill both traditional and emerging planning roles (such as urban planning and design, real estate development, strategic planning, environmental planning, landscape architecture, policy and service design).
To these established or emerging roles, you will bring an integrated understanding of, and training in applying, more interdisciplinary and collaborative approaches to urban development. As a graduate you will be prepared to compete for local and international positions within public, private and non-profit organisations, planning, architectural and policy advisory firms, research institutes and NGOs.
- Urban Social Studies
- Urban and Planning History
- Designing for Urban Governance and Services
- Transnational Spaces of Planing and Politics
- Planning Theory and Urban Studies
- Urban Economics
- Urban Transitions and Futures
- Urban Ecosystems Ecology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 4 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.