In the Nursing - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program from Anderson University (South Carolina), you will take 49 hours of coursework. Your classes will include Advanced Assessment, Processes in Mental Health, Psychopharmacological Therapies across the Lifespan, and Management of the Complex Client. These classes will equip you to assess, diagnose, and treat psychiatric and behavioral disorders.
Our professors are all practicing nurses, who view their work as more than a job; it’s a mission field and a calling. In our Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program, you will learn a holistic approach to patient care. You will learn to ask good questions, notice important aspects of patient appearance, and read body language to find the root cause of symptoms.
Coursework and Training
For your hands-on training, you will do 500 hours of clinical work during your third and fourth semesters. While it is your responsibility to find a clinical preceptor, AU works hard to establish relationships with clinical partners, to aid you in your search.
Your clinical and in-class experiences at AU will also prepare you for the national accreditation exam you must take to become certified to practice in psychiatric mental health.
The Psychiatric Mental Health concentration will prepare you to serve as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner in clinics, communities, or hospitals. In addition to the rewarding work you can accomplish, compensation is excellent. Salaries typically range from $95,000 to $115,000.
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Physical Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Assessment Processes in Mental Healthcare across the Life Span
- Management of Behavioral Health Populations across the Life Span
- Psychopharmacological Therapies across the Life Span
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Materials should be submitted as soon as possible.
DisciplinesPsychology Nursing View 777 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program with a minimum grade point average of 3.2 averaged from all nursing degree programs.
- Active and unencumbered RN license
- CPR certification
- Current immunization record by start of program
- Complete online application and pay application fee
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcripts from all former academic institutions
International27440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 15 months.
National27440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 USD per credit during 15 months.
Living costs for Anderson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.