Through online coursework, you'll delve deep into vital subjects with experienced faculty and your education colleagues. Class conversations will range from strategic planning for a learner-focused educational system to policies, programs, and the relevance of educational trends. Our 36-credit hour MEd in Administration and Supervision leads to certification by the South Carolina Department of Education in elementary or secondary administration and is aligned to the national standards of the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC).
Do All of Your Coursework Online
Your online coursework is designed to prepare you for the PRAXIS II exam, which is required to become a certified principal in South Carolina. The PRAXIS II tests your knowledge of educational administration and supervision, across six broad themes; 1) Vision and Goals, 2) Teaching and Learning, 3) Managing Operational Systems and Safety, 4) Collaborating with Key Stakeholders, 5) Ethics and Integrity, and 6) The Educational System. For example, our School Finance course addresses the themes of Vision and Goals, Managing Operational Systems and Safety, Collaborating with Key Stakeholders, Ethics and Integrity, and The Educational System. In the course Addressing Diversity in the Educational Setting, you and your colleagues will reflect upon the themes of Vision and Goals and Collaborating with Key Stakeholders, while also examining Teaching and Learning through the lens of diversity.
Earn Your Degree in an Accelerated Format
The Education - Administration and Supervision program at Anderson University (South Carolina) is uniquely designed to allow candidates to complete the requirements in an accelerated format. During the semester, you'll focus on courses for seven weeks, which allows you to complete three or more classes per semester. During two of those semesters, including one summer, you’ll complete internships with mentor administrators at the elementary or secondary school level, depending on your licensure goal. For a full semester, you’ll have the opportunity to lead, work, and make decisions that are typical of a school principal. You’ll complete one of your placements in a school other than the one in which you currently work.
- Current Issues in Public School Education
- Addressing Diversity in the Educational Setting
- School and Community Relations
- School Law
- School Finance
- Public School Administration
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Materials should be submitted as soon as possible.
DisciplinesEducation Business Administration View 733 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Anderson University (South Carolina) and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- submit a “College of Education Graduate Studies Admission Application;”
- submit official transcripts from all prior colleges or universities;
- have a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 for all course work or the last 60 hours of course work OR achieve a minimum score of 840 on the GRE or a minimum score of 389 on the MAT;
- submit a copy of a valid South Carolina Department of Education Class III Professional Certificate;
- submit evidence of a minimum of one year of teaching experience in a public school at the grade level at which the applicant is preparing to be an administrator;
- submit a reference form from the applicant’s school principle and two other colleagues;
- submit a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 220 (computer) or 75 (Internet) if English is not the first language of the candidate;
- International students must provide proof of a current Visa.
International11520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 USD per credit during 15 months.
National11520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 USD per credit during 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.