In computer science, relevant skills include Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, artificial intelligence and robot vision. In electrical engineering, relevant skills are automation, robotics, control, embedded systems and communications.
Students learn the latest theoretical knowledge and know how to apply their skills in practical real-life problems. Typical application areas of autonomous systems include autonomous vehicles, intelligent robots, industrial IoT and autonomous software systems.
At the moment, the job market looks very promising. Automotive manufacturing is a major industry in Europe and the university partners are well connected with these companies. In addition, autonomous systems are relevant in service applications and in manufacturing, logistics, shipping, mining, and recycling industries.
In addition, autonomous software systems are becoming widespread in application areas, such as media, finance, customer service, and healthcare.
In the ICT Innovation (EIT Digital Master School) - Autonomous Systems thesis project, students from Aalto University will work with the industry partners or the active startup community around the Helsinki node of EIT Digital.
- Stochastic models and estimation
- Model-Based Control Systems
- Reinforcement learning
- Wireless Systems
- Software Design and Modelling
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning
- Kernel Methods in Machine Learning
- Bayesian Data Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 11 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Scanned colour copy of the original Bachelor’s degree certificate
- Scanned colour copy of the original official transcript of study records.
- If you have any other higher education degrees you wish to be taken into consideration in admissions, scanned colour copies of degree certificate and official transcript of records. If documents are not in Finnish, Swedish or English, scanned colour copies of authorised translations are required as well.
- Copy of a valid passport or an official government-issued identification card with photo and information on citizenship.
- Portfolio (electronic)
- Demonstrating proficiency in English
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.