In the period after WWII the Studio was headed by František Muzika, Milan Hegar, Jan Solpera and František Štorm. Karel Haloun, Tomáš Brousil and Radek Sidun are its current instructors. Proportianally, merely a small group of students focuses on the creation of lettering per se, the field of study being the whole spectrum of graphic design.
At the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague we offer a programme in Visual Arts - Type Design and Typography. We put major emphasis on the amalgamation of new and classical media and the use of our school's graphic workshops, which belong to the cornerstones necessary to comprehend our profession.
- Bookbinding, Book and Paper Restoration
- Drawing Course
- Painting Course
- Clay Modelling
- Photography Workshop
- Presentation Skills
- Basics of Lithography
- Basics of Print-Making Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Interior Design View 5 other Masters in Interior Design in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a portfolio containing your own pieces of work related to the area of studies selected - at least 10 examples
- your CV with relevant information about your professional history
- a letter of intent – at least 1 page in Englis
- a recommendation letter
- copies of your BA diploma; in case you are nominated for acceptance, you will be asked to apply for a nostrification, i.e. recognition of your university studies in the Czech Republic by certain recognition authorities, and for this process you will need notarized copies of your diploma and diploma supplement/transcript of records translated to English)
- proof of your capability of studying in English (mininum language level: B2 (CEFR) / 6.0 (IELTS), FCE (CE))
- a filled in application form
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- approx. 79 000 CZK (approx. 2900 - 3000 €) per semester
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.