Simultaneously, however, we contend that keeping in view the foundation stone and classical principles is not enough. At the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague we offer a master degree in Sculpture.
Therefore we focus our attention also on its shadow, which in the development of art alters its outlines, its size, its intensity and its applications. We consider how the shadow changes with point of view and method of lighting, and knowledge of the original form of the foundation stone during its illumination is also very important.
We apply a laboratorial system of teaching, which pursues the mutual influencing of the individual structures of art. We reflect contemporary artistic and theoretical discourse, but also attempt to update and add new articulation to the list of existing sculptural approaches. We believe that the penetrability of the boundaries of individual genres and media has already been established and we value the ‘expanded field of sculpture' as a self-evident heritage of the 1970s.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- We therefore want to focus more on gaps in the understanding of sculpture, on exploring the possibilities of the sculpture in its widest sense and on what role it may play in contemporary life and art and what are its benefits, stereotypes and limitations for social engagement.
- We develop sculpture in all its forms, from the statue, object, installation and piece for public space to extra-sculptural disciplines, and in all essential technologies.
- The structure of learning is based on a regular program of repeating seminars and workshops led by invited personalities from the Czech Republic and abroad, joint studio meetings, studio exhibitions and individual consultations.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 17 other Masters in Visual Arts in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a filled-in APPLICATION FORM
- a CV with relevant information about your professional history
- a letter of intent – at least 1 page in English
- a portfolio containing your own pieces of work related to the area of studies selected at least 10 examples in printed or digital form (on USB/CD/DVD)
- one recommendation letter
- attested true copies of your BA diploma and Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records translated into English (after being admitted it is necessary to apply for a nostrification, i.e. recognition of your university studies in the Czech Republic by recognition authorities; for more info on the process, contact the VA Coordinator)
- proof of your capability of studying in English – attested true copies of certificates
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.