The backbone of the educational process is the inclusion of part-time, assignment-specifc lecturers and teachers, who aid with the year’s main assignment. Besides the studio’s head teacher, students encounter a different lecturer’s approach every semester – always a skilled insider who specializes in the topic or theme that is being explored at the time.
At the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague we offer a master degree in Graphic Design and Visual Communication. As a result, students gain wider perspective than if they simply learned from a single (albeit masterful) persona, who would be influencing them during a long period of time. The students are confronted with many diversified approaches to work and last but not least, they can explore the specific assignment in greater depths.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- We strive to encourage students to adapt experimental thinking and build a relationship towards new technology with the focus on critical and creative thinking.
- They perceive graphic design in a contemporary context and they form a good sense of direction towards which the field is evolving, as well as its current needs. The studio assignments can vary from very free projects to heavily specific social and technological challenges.
- Redesign of a magazine. Creating a new alphabet. Mars One Project. The contemporary phenomenon. A game. Motion poster. 360 videos and virtual reality. Book editions. Redesign and new visual style of Radio 1. Vinyl editions of classical music for Supraphon.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design View 3 other Masters in Graphic Design in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a filled-in APPLICATION FORM
- a CV with relevant information about your professional history
- a letter of intent – at least 1 page in English
- a portfolio containing your own pieces of work related to the area of studies selected at least 10 examples in printed or digital form (on USB/CD/DVD)
- one recommendation letter
- attested true copies of your BA diploma and Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records translated into English (after being admitted it is necessary to apply for a nostrification, i.e. recognition of your university studies in the Czech Republic by recognition authorities; for more info on the process, contact the VA Coordinator)
- proof of your capability of studying in English – attested true copies of certificates
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.