The studio prioritises the development of students into all-round professionals with strong individual designer identities.
We offer a master degree in Fashion Design at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. In 1950, shortly after its acquisition of university status, AAAD established five departments. Our core specializations had previously been divided between two departments: ceramics, glass and metal composed the Department of Applied Sculpture, while the textile, lace and fashion design studios formed a separate department.
- Studio of Fashion Design – Elastic Fantastic – a clothing collection of knitwear and woven fabric - PRUŽNOST (flexibility, adaptability, elasticity) - ability to change and adapt in a rapidly changing society.
- ARTSEMESTR is a presentation of semester and finals projects from the students of the Academy of Arts, Architecture, and Design (UMPRUM) in Prague. This time ARTSEMESTR will be on display from Thursday, June 6th to Sunday, June 9th through the entire building of UMPRUM.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a filled-in APPLICATION FORM
- a CV with relevant information about your professional history
- a letter of intent – at least 1 page in English
- a portfolio containing your own pieces of work related to the area of studies selected at least 10 examples in printed or digital form (on USB/CD/DVD)
- one recommendation letter
- attested true copies of your BA diploma and Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records translated into English (after being admitted it is necessary to apply for a nostrification, i.e. recognition of your university studies in the Czech Republic by recognition authorities; for more info on the process, contact the VA Coordinator)
- proof of your capability of studying in English – attested true copies of certificates
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.