As indicated by the name of the studio, the work is focused on animated film, covering, however, everything even remotely related to films (image stories, 3-D objects such as marionettes, movie awards, posters, games, toys, puppet and cartoon theatres, etc.). This "playful" approach to animated films and cartoons fully corresponds with the creative and artistic character of the Academy, compensating, at the same time, the need to work with utmost care, precision and patience.
We offer a master degree in Film and TV Graphics at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. This concept also makes the studio different from the Department of Animated Films of the Film and TV School of Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (FAMU), where students are more systematically prepared for a career in the animated film industry. Nevertheless, our students are definitely not to be seen as animation artists only, waiting helplessly for the help of more experienced FAMU graduates.
- The new competitive conditions prevailing in the privatized film industry require well-prepared artists benefitting from a good knowledge of all production stages of classical and modern audiovisual works.
- Therefore, the study includes not only courses fostering creativity and imagination but also practical lessons where students learn to ‘transfer' their creative visions to the screen. In particular, special focus has been given to the basics of cartoon and marionette animation of late.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a filled-in APPLICATION FORM
- a CV with relevant information about your professional history
- a letter of intent – at least 1 page in English
- a portfolio containing your own pieces of work related to the area of studies selected at least 10 examples in printed or digital form (on USB/CD/DVD)
- one recommendation letter
- attested true copies of your BA diploma and Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records translated into English (after being admitted it is necessary to apply for a nostrification, i.e. recognition of your university studies in the Czech Republic by recognition authorities; for more info on the process, contact the VA Coordinator)
- proof of your capability of studying in English – attested true copies of certificates
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.