This main path emphasizing the development of creative thinking should lead to a unique creation exceeding the form of a piece of clothing, shoe or accessory towards fine art.
The key values for this studio are freedom and search, teaching students to discover their own resources, respecting their own personality.
Support to individual personality and creative development of students are the key principles of the work in this studio.
Apart from this creative search overlapping in fashion art and fashion at the edge, students are taught to transfer these forms of fine art to commercial prêt-a-porter forms and work in the real context of Czech and international clothing industry.
Students in the Fashion and Footwear Design programme from the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague also learn how to found a brand and manage a business.
- Studio of Fashion and Footwear Design – 1st-year - White project - Geometry in architecture, MALAI - cooperation with Indian manufactory processing ecological materials from coconut // Final: Report - knitted clothing collections created in cooperation with the Studio of Graphic Design and Visual Communications in cooperation with NOVIA FASHION.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a filled-in APPLICATION FORM
- a CV with relevant information about your professional history
- a letter of intent – at least 1 page in English
- a portfolio containing your own pieces of work related to the area of studies selected at least 10 examples in printed or digital form (on USB/CD/DVD)
- one recommendation letter
- attested true copies of your BA diploma and Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records translated into English (after being admitted it is necessary to apply for a nostrification, i.e. recognition of your university studies in the Czech Republic by recognition authorities; for more info on the process, contact the VA Coordinator)
- proof of your capability of studying in English – attested true copies of certificates
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.