Students in the Concept - Object - Meaning (K.O.V.) programme from the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague cultivate their intellectual skills and artistic feeling through experiments with different materials, paying particular attention to metals, and express their creative potential in visionary concepts. Function, technical qualities and originality applied in art crafts are phenomena influencing our perception of the world around us. The aim of this studio is to stimulate students' individual skills and creativity.
During their studies, students attend a series of technical courses where they learn about the basic processes and technologies relevant to work with metals in order to be able to produce the designed products, from the initial study models and sketches to the final product.
According to their abilities and interests, they can choose from a wide range of applications, from jewelry, items of everyday use and details applied in interior design or architecture, to fine art.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The leaders of the studio require their students to study the worldwide events in their discipline and to learn about the works of important artists, designers and architects, using the internet, with a subsequent presentation of the information they have found and drawing a conclusion in the form of audiovisual or written essays.
- Another important skill obtained by the students in the course of their studies is the public presentation of their studio works. The K.O.V. studio presents its works in exhibitions, design shows at home and abroad and in commercial galleries. In this way, students are confronted with the reaction of the expert public.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 17 other Masters in Visual Arts in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a filled-in APPLICATION FORM
- a CV with relevant information about your professional history
- a letter of intent – at least 1 page in English
- a portfolio containing your own pieces of work related to the area of studies selected at least 10 examples in printed or digital form (on USB/CD/DVD)
- one recommendation letter
- attested true copies of your BA diploma and Diploma Supplement/Transcript of Records translated into English (after being admitted it is necessary to apply for a nostrification, i.e. recognition of your university studies in the Czech Republic by recognition authorities; for more info on the process, contact the VA Coordinator)
- proof of your capability of studying in English – attested true copies of certificates
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.