At Philosophy programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong we currently have about 30 MPhil and PhD students, who are under the supervision of our full-time professors. The diverse research interests of our faculty cover most areas of mainstream philosophy, being particularly strong in Chinese philosophy. In the past few decades, research in Anglo-American as well as Continental European philosophy has become prominent, with outstanding research outputs in the fields of phenomenology, ethics, and philosophy of mind.
Students at Philosophy programme at The Chinese University of Hong Kong will:
- Enhance ability and skill to undertake rigorous independent research in specialized areas in philosophy.
- Serve local and overseas academic communities and other professional sectors.
- Thesis Monitoring Courses
- Tang Chun-I Visiting Professorship Graduate Seminars
- Postgraduate courses
- Research Methodology Seminar
- Selected Philosophical Issues
- Improving Postgraduate Learning
- Research Ethics Training
- Language Courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Modern History View 5 other Masters in Modern History in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy or a related field from a recognized university
- Have sufficient knowledge of general logic
- Submit a self-statement (about 2,000 words, in either Chinese or English) which would include a proposal of their MPhil thesis and academic interests
- Submit a paper (8-12 pages for English, or 6,000-10,000 words for Chinese) on a topic in philosophy
- Attend an interview (shortlisted applicants)
International2296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2296 USD per year during 24 months.
National2296 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2296 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.