About the progrm:
- The Earth and Planetary Sciences degree at The University of New Mexico is on training well-rounded students in the laboratory, classroom, and field. Financial support is available in the form of Teaching Assistantships, Research Assistantships, and Fellowships.
- The Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at UNM offers graduate studies in the broad fields of geochemistry, geophysics, structural geology and tectonics, meteoritics, mineralogy and cosmochemistry, geomorphology, sedimentology, paleontology, and paleoclimate. We provide a strong foundation in field-, laboratory- and computationally-based geosciences with world-class facilities. Financial support is available in the form of Teaching Assistantships, Research Assistantships, and Fellowships. All awards are made on a competitive basis.
- Structural Geology
- Supportive Science/Mathematics
- Fine Arts
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- General Physics
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Astronomy & Space Sciences Geology View 128 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of New Mexico and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application
Letter of intent must contain:
- why you wish to obtain a degree from E&PS at UNM
- what field(s) of study within the earth sciences are of greatest interest to you for graduate research
- highlight previous research experience, and lab, field, and computational skills
- a specific EPS faculty member(s) who might act as your advisor (we strongly encourage you to contact potential advisors)
- email address, and/or daytime phone number
International27846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27846 USD per year during 12 months.
National27846 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27846 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8757 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8757 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.