Counseling Psychology from Avila University is committed to the scientist-practitioner model to train masters-level counselors for the delivery of mental health services in a variety of settings.
Students who earn a master’s degree in counseling psychology will be prepared to assist those experiencing social, behavioral, and personal mental health problems through a variety of approaches and learned techniques, integrating key elements of a client’s cultural or social context.
Students will leave with the abilities to evaluate evidenced- based treatment approaches, integrate respect for the dignity and well-being of others, and advocate for both the common and individual well-being.
- Orientation to Counseling Professions
- The Helping Relationship
- Career Development
- Research Design and Analysis
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Theories of Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 606 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, to include official transcripts reflecting an earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- A GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all undergraduate coursework
- A statement of purpose/letter of intent. This is also used to evaluate your writing abilities.
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Background check (counseling psychology applicants only)
- The minimum overall TOEFL score required for admission is an 89 iBT (internet based test), with no individual score below 20. Alternative TOEFL exams will use an equivalent score.
- The minimum IELTS score required for admission is an overall score of 7.0 with no band score below a 6.5.
International18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 606 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 606 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.