The Literacy program of Avila University is designed to prepare teachers to focus on literacy development, instruction, and assessment of students with diverse learning and literacy needs.
Teachers who already have their initial teaching certification can add the Advanced Certification in Special Reading.
This degree is specifically designed for students who are already state certified teachers to teach literacy in Missouri K-12 public schools. Students can choose to just earn the Special Reading certification or take 6 more credit hours to earn the full master’s degree.
- Increase your salary & employment opportunities in K-12 education
- TEACH Grant eligible program.
- Evening courses meet once per week.
- Eight-week courses. Focus on one course at a time.
- Transfer in up to nine previous graduate hours
- Flexible enrollment – attend part-time or full-time
- Several enrollment start dates throughout the year – start any semester
More informationVisit official programme website
- Supervision of Literacy Programs
- Research Methods in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 3538 other Masters in Education in United States
- Online Application
- Request official transcripts be sent directly to Avila University (electronically or by mail)
- A minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 on the undergraduate transcript
- Valid teaching certificate in Missouri to add Special Reading Advanced Certification
International475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 475 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 475 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.