About this Program
The School also seeks to train young scholars in the art of lecturing/teaching; to this end it has created opportunities for Ph.D. students to teach courses and permits M.A. and Ph.D. students to work as teaching assistants. The individual programs are described below.
Adequate library and study facilities are available in the William and Henry Birks Building and elsewhere in the University for the courses listed and for research.
The School of Religious Studies at McGill University offers programs leading to the degrees of:
- Master of Arts (M.A.) (Thesis and Non-Thesis)
- Master of Arts (M.A.) (Thesis) with specialization in Bioethics
- Master of Arts (M.A.) (Thesis) with option in Gender and Women’s Studies
- Master of Sacred Theology (S.T.M.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) with option in Gender and Women's Studies
The areas of graduate specializations of our School are:
- Christian History and Theology;
- Early Judaism;
- Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies;
- Interfaith Studies;
- New Testament Studies;
- Philosophy of Religion;
- Religion and Communication;
- Religious Ethics;
- Religion and Globalization;
- Religion and Modernity;
- Religion and the Public Sphere;
- Sociology of Islam.
- Research Paper
- Honours Seminar
- Methods in Religious Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 48 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Canada
- Online application and application fee
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Writing sample/portfolio
- A research supervisor
- Study permits/student visas
International20250 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 CAD per credit during 24 months.
National6547 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 291 CAD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.