By developing basic theories concerning all the branches of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, this department from Seoul National University aims at enhancing the superiority in the sense of educations, research and public service as an essential function of the university.
The field of Naval Architecture is directed towards the design, production, and operation of all types of ships; cruisers, FPSO, fast ferries, Liquefied Natural Gas(LNG) Carriers, etc. Ocean Engineering specially deals with the design, construction, and operation of all types of marine structures; from oil platforms to very large floating structures, like man-made floating islands.
Upon graduation, students from the department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering enter many important sectors in industry, government and academia, playing leading roles in each sector.
- Ship Hydrodynamics
- Analysis of Viscous Fluid Flows
- Ship Structural Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for Turbulent Ship Flows
- Ship Design Automation
- Computational Marine Hydrodynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Marine Engineering View 5 other Masters in Architecture in South Korea
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Seoul National University and/or in South Korea, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application Form
- Print out after completing online application
- Personal Statement and Study Plan
- Two Letters of Recommendation from two different professors with stamp or signature on sealed envelope
- Official Bachelor's Transcript and Degree or Graduation Certificate
- Official Master's Transcript and Degree or Graduation Certificate
- A Copy of the Applicant's Passport
- Copies of both parents' passports
- Official document indicating parent-child relationship between the applicant and parents
- Financial Certification
- Additional materials required to applicants for programs in Fine Arts, Music, Physical Education, Music Education Major or Fine Arts Education Major
International6086 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3043 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Seoul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.