Focus your study in church history, doctrine, ethics, philosophy and systematic theology to develop a Wesleyan theological perspective. Throughout your study, you’ll gain the analytical framework needed to articulate, explain and defend Christian belief and faith credibly, morally and spiritually. Your fresh understanding of historic orthodoxy will allow you not only to enrich the believing community, but also to interact with a non-believing world.
This Theological Studies - Philosophy and Apologetics degree at Asbury Theological Seminary prepares you in the practical Christian disciplines needed for teaching in congregations, para-church organizations, Christian institutions or for pursuing a postgraduate degree.
Upon completing your degree you’ll demonstrate a fresh understanding of the essential content, historical development and philosophical and ethical dimensions of Christian theology. Your theological degree won’t be theory only. You’ll be able to apply those concepts to contemporary issues in Christian life and ministry.
As you complete your degree, you’ll be able to
- Cultivate holy love of God and neighbor through both knowledge and practice in the Christian disciplines of service and grace.
- Understand the essential content, historical development, and philosophical and ethical dimensions of Christian theology.
- Understand the scriptural basis, historical development, and contemporary relevance of the Wesleyan theological perspective.
- Relate Christian theology, history, philosophy, and ethics to contemporary issues and Christian ministry.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Vocation of Ministry
- Church History—One
- Christian Ethics
- Missional Formation
- Inductive Bible Study
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- Theology of John Wesley
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Church History-Two
- Philosophy of the Christian Religion
- Contemporary Theology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 71 other Masters in History in United States
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- The M.A. [BS] program requires a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal history essay (1050-1500 words) 350-500 words per question.
- Four references completed on the Admissions Office form at asburyseminary.edu, including a pastoral reference (required) and a professor or academic administrator reference (recommended). Laity or personal acquaintances are accepted.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7.
- Background Check
- A personal interview may be required upon request by the Admissions Committee
International41520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.