Upon completing your Biblical Studies degree at Asbury Theological Seminary, you’ll have a fresh understanding of biblical studies, coupled with a renewed love for God and neighbor developed through knowledge, practice and service.
As you complete your degree, you’ll be able to
- Cultivate holy love of God and neighbor through both knowledge and practice in the Christian disciplines of service and grace.
- Master and integrate the biblical canon with literary, historical and hermeneutical tools for a holistic study of passages, methodology, genres and themes.
- Analyze and present biblical and theological insights into contemporary and canonical contexts.
- Describe the means whereby one may arrive at a biblical view of the inspiration and authority of the Scriptures.
This degree is available in a both on campus and on-line format.
Study online. Complete your degree without leaving home by taking a portion of your classes online and completing the remaining through on-campus intensives.
Study on campus. Complete your degree in one of our three locations—Kentucky, Florida or Memphis. Choose to work through your degree in either a residential or urban ministry format or cohort model.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Vocation of Ministry
- Missional Formation
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 272 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- The M.A. [BS] program requires a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal history essay (1050-1500 words) 350-500 words per question.
- Four references completed on the Admissions Office form at asburyseminary.edu, including a pastoral reference (required) and a professor or academic administrator reference (recommended). Laity or personal acquaintances are accepted.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7.
- Background Check
- A personal interview may be required upon request by the Admissions Committee
International20760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Willow Street
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.