This Ministry degree at Asbury Theological Seminary combines core Biblical and theological reflection to help you contextualize ministry in a rapidly changing world. You’ll integrate theology, history, sociology, ethics and leadership to develop capacities for 21st century ministry.
Complete this 48-hour MAM degree in as few as three years with online classes and as few as two, one-week campus visits. World-renowned scholars integrate theology, history, sociology, ethics and leadership into your coursework that’s designed specifically for your ministry context. Through campus-visits, online courses and practicums, you’ll gain a community of life-long friendships and practical skills to be a creative and innovative ministry leader.
As you complete your degree, you will
- Articulate a practical theology of ministry, grounded in the biblical narrative and orthodox theology with attention to your specialized ministry track, informed by insights from human sciences, church tradition and experience.
- Demonstrate competency in ministry practices of leading, preaching and teaching, and equipping congregations.
- Design faith-forming processes and programs specific to the student’s specialized ministry track.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Vocation of Ministry
- Narrative of the Bible
- Church History—One
- Basic Christian Doctrine
- Missional Formation
- Inductive Bible Study—One
- Theology of John Wesley
- Christian Ethics
- Gospel Catechesis: Transformative Discipleship
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 601 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- The M.A. [BS] program requires a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal history essay (1050-1500 words) 350-500 words per question.
- Four references completed on the Admissions Office form at asburyseminary.edu, including a pastoral reference (required) and a professor or academic administrator reference (recommended). Laity or personal acquaintances are accepted.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7.
- Background Check
- A personal interview may be required upon request by the Admissions Committee
International16608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16608 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 692 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Willow Street
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.