The Art Education (Grades K-12) and Students with Disabilities (Grades 1-6) program at St. Thomas Aquinas College is a total of 42 credits, including a semester of student teaching, and can be completed in 18 months. Most classes are held in the evening so that candidates can continue to work full-time.
- The program includes Art Methods classes at both the Elementary and Secondary levels as well as classes in Special Education so that candidates are fully prepared to teach in their own classroom or in a co-taught classroom.
- Upon completion of the program, candidates will be recommended for teaching certification in Visual Arts Education (K-12) and Students with Disabilities (1-6). Candidates will be prepared to teach Art and Special Education in both public and private schools.
- Psychology of Learning/Models of Teaching
- Reading and Language Development
- Exceptional Children: Childhood & Special Education
- Historical and Contemporary Issues in Education
- Assessment: Principles and Practice
- Art Methods for Middle/Secondary School
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Art Education View 129 other Masters in Art Education in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution verifying the completion of a liberal arts major or 30 credit concentration in an academic area of the New York State learning standards and that meets the standards of a particular specialized professional association (e.g. NCSS, NCTE, NCTM, NSTA)
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submission of three professional references
- Interview with the Coordinator of the MST program which includes the submission of a supervised writing sample
- A 1-2 page professional goals statement indicating professional goals and reason for undertaking graduate study in education
International30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1080 USD per credit during 18 months.
National30240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1080 USD per credit during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.