We offer a master degree in Special Education with a Specialization in Autism, Grade 7-12 at the St. Thomas Aquinas College. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be recommended for NY state teaching certification in Students with Disabilities at the appropriate grade levels.
Candidates specializing in Autism will also be recommended for the Annotation in Severe and Multiple disabilities. Candidates will be prepared to work as a special educator in a variety of settings such as a self-contained classroom, a resource room setting or work as a co-teacher in an inclusive classroom.
There are four degree options for candidates in this program:
- Special Education, Grades 1-6
- Special Education, Grades 7-12
- Special Education with a Specialization in Autism, Grades 1-6
- Special Education with a Specialization in Autism, Grade 7-12
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Autism & Low Incidence Disabilities
- Cognition and Instruction
- Research Methods in Special Education
- Assessing Students with Mild Disabilities
- Developing Learning Environments
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The Admissions Office reviews applications year-round and operates on rolling admissions.
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 662 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application
- GRE general test scores or Miller Analogy Test (MAT) score for Master's Programs
- Official transcripts from each previously attended college or university must be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from the issuing institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Professional Goals
- For MSEd and Post-Master's applications, a teaching certificate must be held by applicant
International1035 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1035 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1035 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1035 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.