The MAPS–CGS degree can be completed in three years and a half up to five years, depending on the amount of time a catechist is able to spend on coursework and album–writing. As members of a cohort, students follow a fixed schedule of classes as a learning community, pursuing their course work online with an intensive on-site learning experience at Aquinas Institute for each course.
Students who hold the Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd degree at Aquinas Institute of Theology attain greater theological, scriptural, and liturgical expertise for their ministry as catechists to children and young people in atria settings around the world, often assuming a greater role of leadership in the CGS community. Graduates have gone on to serve as directors of religious education, pastoral associates, full-time educators, as well as CGS association staff, board members, and formation leaders.
- A portion of the required coursework includes formation offered by the National Association of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd; these formation courses may be taken anywhere in the world, provided required standards are met.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 348 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International applicants are required to demonstrate English fluency. See the question below for more details.
- If you will require a visa, complete the International Student Supplemental Application. This will require you prove you can fund your studies at Aquinas. See the below section for details.
- Applicants with an active F-1 Visa who wish to transfer their current SEVIS record to Aquinas Institute from another institution are exempt from this supplemental application, but must complete the Transfer Verification Form available from the Registrar’s Office.
- If your collegiate studies were done outside the United States, you will need to complete a transcript evaluation. See this section in the FAQs for more details.
International23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.