A Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) is specialized in providing mental health services and care to individuals, families and groups. As a student in the program, you will learn the real-world skills needed to advance your nursing career as you become specifically prepared to deliver safe, competent and quality mental health services to persons of all ages.
As a student, you will benefit from a simple scheduling structure with all classes held on Thursdays and/or Fridays, and you will be able to complete the program in two years of full-time study.
As a graduate of the program, you will be prepared to take the exam for board certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to further demonstrate your expertise in the mental health field.
If you’re interested in advancing your career as a PMHNP, D’Youville College’s nursing program is an ideal place to learn. Established in 1942, the School of Nursing has earned a reputation as a leading resource in the region for high-quality, student-centered education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- APN Role Transition/Policy
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Health Assessment Lab
- Co-management of Medical Disorder for APNs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Nursing Health Sciences View 898 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Official transcripts from all college/universities attended
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university program
- A current license to practice professional nursing in New York State or Ontario
- Two letters of recommendation that include comment on the applicant's clinical performance (preferably from a supervisor and colleague)
- A current certification in CPR
- Letter of intent
International928 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 928 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National928 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 928 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.