This Communication and Media Studies MA offered by University of Calgary offers a dynamic environment, a community of students from around the world, and a faculty dedicated to fostering a setting where students can reach their full academic potential.
We also offer interdisciplinary scholarship and rigorous theoretical and methodological grounding, and encourage students to develop unique programs of study that reach beyond the boundaries of traditional academic subjects.
Our approach is primarily qualitative, producing research with a tangible impact for diverse communities.
Outcomes and next steps
- Academic careers;
- Private sector: communication/media/film related companies, companies dependent on digital media, wifi services;
- Public sector: non-profit organizations, government positions dependent on digital communication.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Media Studies
- Organizational Communication
- Communication Law
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 35 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Canada
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point system, over the past two years of full-time study (a minimum of 10 full-course equivalents or 60 units) of the undergraduate degree.
- A completed four year baccalaureate degree in Communications Studies, Culture Studies or related field.
- Two samples of written work.
- A statement of research intent (250-500 words)
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
International13330 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13330 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5873 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5873 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.