These Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies and Master of Social Work degrees at Aquinas Institute of Theology offer multiple opportunities to engage in field education. Students complete Supervised Practice of Ministry (SPM) I in a pastoral placement, as well as a Foundation Practicum and a Concentration Practicum within a social work placement. The field education curriculum in both programs helps the student develop a pastoral leadership style that is marked by effectiveness, service, integration, and a special commitment to the ministry of the Word.
Students who hold the dual MAPS/MSW degree are well-prepared for ministries available to non-social work students, as well as for clinical or community social work. Graduates of this program have successfully drawn upon their study of theology, ministry, and social work in such fields as health care, non-profit ministries, and education. After graduation, students are able to seek professional licensing as social workers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sacramental and Theological Foundations of Ministry
- Foundations of Catholic Morality
- Church History I or Church History
- Introduction to Theology and Theological Method
- Human Behavior and Environment
- Social Work Practice Theory
- Social Work Research
- Foundation Integrative Practice Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 432 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- International applicants are required to demonstrate English fluency. See the question below for more details.
- If you will require a visa, complete the International Student Supplemental Application. This will require you prove you can fund your studies at Aquinas. See the below section for details.
- Applicants with an active F-1 Visa who wish to transfer their current SEVIS record to Aquinas Institute from another institution are exempt from this supplemental application, but must complete the Transfer Verification Form available from the Registrar’s Office.
- If your collegiate studies were done outside the United States, you will need to complete a transcript evaluation. See this section in the FAQs for more details.
International31200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 24 months.
National31200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.