The MAPS degree offers two opportunities to engage in field education: Supervised Practice of Ministry (SPM) I and II, taken in sequence. The successful completion of a Basic Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at an ACPE Certified institution can, with the permission of the Director of Field Education, be taken in lieu of SPM II. The field education curriculum at Aquinas Institute assists the student in developing a pastoral leadership style that is marked by effectiveness, service, integration, and a special commitment to the ministry of the Word.
Students who hold a MAPS degree from Aquinas are prepared to serve in a number of ministerial careers in a wide range of settings. Graduates have gone on to serve as high school and college campus ministers, catechists, directors of religious education or adult faith formation, parish pastoral associates, liturgy directors, chaplains in hospitals or hospices, and in many other ministries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Scripture Elective
- Introduction to Theology & Theological Method
- Supervised Practice ot Ministry (SPM) 1
- Foundations ot Pastoral and Ethical Care
- Sacramental & Theological Foundations of Ministry
- Theology ot Worship
- SPM II or Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Foundations ot Catholic Morality
- Integrative Seminar
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 127 other Masters in Christian Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants to the Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies program should have adequate preparation in the liberal arts, including social and behavioral sciences, as well as some background in Scripture, theology and philosophy.
- Complete the Online Application
- Supply Two Writing Samples: Personal Assessment and Reflection Paper
- Submit Three Letters of Recommendation (applicants from religious orders must submit one letter from your religious superior or current formation director)
- Send the results of the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (or GRE)
- Provide Official transcripts
- Submit a Non-refundable application fee
- Schedule an interview with the admissions director
International757 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 757 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National757 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 757 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.