It’s a unique Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation program at McMaster University involving entrepreneurship teams that draw expertise from all disciplines to develop start-up plans for technology-based businesses.
- While students in the Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation program at are not expected to have any engineering or scientific background, they are expected to embrace creativity and innovation.
- Some basic familiarity with technology is expected, but the required technological depth will depend on the project itself and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Considerable emphasis will be placed on team-based experiential learning in which all members of the team will learn from each other as they complete the project.
- Entrepreneurial Opportunity Identification
- Leadership for Innovation
- Enterprise Opportunity Development
- Business Launch and Development
- Total Sustainability Management
- Proof-of-Concept Studio
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Engineering Management General Engineering & Technology View 22 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements. Please review the program website for details.
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s. Please contact the program for specific details.
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International30030 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15015 CAD per semester during 20 months.
National6480 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3240 CAD per semester during 20 months.
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.