The graduate Child Development and Family Studies program from Seoul National University, offering master’s, doctoral as well as joint master’s and doctoral degrees, focuses on theory, research, and methodology relating to children and families. The graduate program is subdivided into two programs in Child Development and Family Studies.
Students will be prepared to become professionals in the field of child development, child welfare, early childhood education and care, family research, family theory, gerontology, family policy, and family education.
- Topics in Child Development
- Child Development and Korean Culture
- Development & Guidance of Special Children
- Advanced Studies of Children’s Social Development & Education
- Issues in Contemporary Families
- Theory & Practice in Child Play
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Print out after completing online application
- Personal Statement and Study Plan
- Two Letters of Recommendation from two different professors with stamp or signature on sealed envelope
- Official Bachelor's Transcript and Degree or Graduation Certificate
- Official Master's Transcript and Degree or Graduation Certificate
- A Copy of the Applicant's Passport
- Copies of both parents' passports
- Official document indicating parent-child relationship between the applicant and parents
- Financial Certification
- Additional materials required to applicants for programs in Fine Arts, Music, Physical Education, Music Education Major or Fine Arts Education Major
International4990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2495 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Seoul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.