Its scope ranges from traditional problems such as securities valuation and portfolio optimization to current issues such as risk management and high frequency trading.
The Master of Financial Mathematics (also called M-Phimac) at McMaster University is an intensive one year graduate program.
- Eight months of coursework taught by recognized experts emphasize the development of both strong technical foundations and professional knowledge, with the goal to understand the applications of advanced mathematics to finance and investments.
- The major industrial project completed in the third term will explore a topic of current interest with guidance from a finance industry professional and can be completed while working full time or as an intern.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Financial Mathematics
- Risk and Financial Markets
- Computational Finance
- Statistics of Financial Data
- Portfolio Theory and Optimization
- Credit Risk Modeling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 10 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements. Please review the program website for details.
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s. Please contact the program for specific details.
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International30030 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15015 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National15658 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7829 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.