The Master of Financial Mathematics (also called M-Phimac) is an intensive one year graduate program offered by McMaster University. Eight months of coursework taught by recognized experts emphasize the development of both strong technical foundations and professional knowledge, with the goal to understand the applications of advanced mathematics to finance and investments.
The major industrial project completed in the third term will explore a topic of current interest with guidance from a finance industry professional and can be completed while working full time or as an intern.
More informationVisit official programme website
Areas of Research
- Financial Mathematics by coursework
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 50 other Masters in Mathematics in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements. Please review the program website for details.
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s. Please contact the program for specific details.
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the program office
- Two academic references
- English Language Proficiency
International30030 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15015 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National15658 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7829 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.