Second, it seeks to enable them to develop an understanding of the principles that underlie these technologies, so that they will be able to critically evaluate future advances in the state-of-the-art, and to lead creative applications of these advances to develop innovative products and services that address the needs of local, national, international and global communities.
This Electrical and Biomedical Engineering program at McMaster University, which focuses on biomedical engineering, is open only to graduates who have maintained a minimum average of B in each year of the B.Eng. program in Electrical and Biomedical Engineering.
Areas of Research
- Biomedical information technology
- Computer aided design
- Optimization and Simulation
- Computer Engineering
- Image Processing & Multimedia
- Microwaves and Photonics-Optoelectronics
- The program consists of a minimum of three consecutive terms in which the candidate is required to complete successfully six graduate half courses (or equivalent), of which at least four must be 700 level and up to two 600 level courses approved by the department, followed by an independent study term.
- Two of these 600 level courses, Elec Eng 6BC4 and Elec Eng 6BE4 can be taken in the fourth undergraduate year for graduate credit. At the conclusion of the final term the candidate is required to submit and defend a report on an approved project which must demonstrate ability to carry out independent study and reach a satisfactory conclusion in an area of biomedical engineering.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
On-going basis, assessed for next academic session
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Electrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 34 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements. Please review the program website for details.
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s. Please contact the program for specific details.
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5698 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2102 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.